Thursday, March 12, 2009

(e/a)ffect

my hands are chewed and broken
and you stand there--
eye to eye
face to face
heart to heart--
pasted from the inside out,
waiting for the flower inside me
to whither and die,
abandoned and rippling in the smoke of your cigarette.

untie my legs’ laces,
the buckles of my knees and
leave me open,
pale and frayed,
like the bottoms of my blue jeans
that you pulled down my waist patiently,
letting the fabric brush against tiny blonde hairs
and caramel skin.
blowing hot air into my ears,
inflating me with drunk passion and fear,
fear i have never felt before.
and your touch was of no comfort--
burning with desire,
frozen by your stare.

and in the end there was no laughter,
but the mirror’s taunting reflection sang
a lullaby i’ve never heard before--
a nightmare’s refrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment